Sunday, July 20, 2008

Screaming Infidelities

Crying on his shoulders
She slowly reeled him in
Sob stories made his heart melt
She was smiling from within

“He makes me smile, you won’t understand
I know that this is real,
It’s not like what I used to have,
I can’t explain the way I feel.”

“You’ve said that one too many times,
Don’t you tire of it too?
A girl’s reputation is fragile,
Think about the things you do!”

“Don’t you worry about what people think?
That they will tarnish your name?
Do you like the negative attention?
To you it’s all the same.”

“What would she know?” You must think,
“She’s too young to know what’s best,
She’s done plenty wrong, why should I care,
Please let this subject rest!”

Screaming infidelities rule your life,
But you are blind to see,
For the ones that stand to bear the hurt,
Are none but you and he.


Charlene Flanagan