Thursday, July 3, 2008

Piece the Puzzle

Sitting at my window
Lonely thoughts running through my mind
Wondering where life's taking me
And what life's left behind
I'm staring down the rain-clad road
Watching children as they play
Whiling away my precious time
On this somber and peaceful day
Abundant thoughts seem to fly about
Some good while others bad
Recalling every moment
And every opportunity I've had
It's been a while since I've penned my thoughts
So it's hard to get the flow
But there's so much i want to tell you
So much you need to know
Life hasn't been very easy
A regular troubled teen
Made an obscene amount of mistakes
I'm the perfect drama queen
Twenty years have passed me by
But experience might make it seem more
Mine is not the life of an average girl
And I'm sure you've heard that before
I'm coming out of a two year relationship
It seems odd that I'm not shattered
But it's hard when life's like a puzzle
With some pieces lost and some scattered
Where do I begin I have to ask
Which story should I first tell
How do I even find the words
To explain that moment i fell?
My life has been a roller coaster ride
With it mostly getting stuck
I always make the worst decisions
Accompanied by rotten luck
Ignoring advice from all my friends
Being blind to the wrong steps i take
Then go crying back to those very shoulders
Whose feelings were always fake
My problem is I cannot face the truth
I run at the first signs of pain
Blocking Out any chance of change
To make mistakes all over again
Though i hope i can be an example
And make a difference to a troubled soul
Don't run and hide but stand and fight
Piece the puzzle and make it whole

No comments: