Monday, June 8, 2009

Untitled...

Last night I saw cloudy skies
Before the first rain falls
Heavy drops of painful cries
Seemed to muffle my desperate calls
I could see us standing miles apart
While you soaked in the heavy rain
One look was what broke my heart
When I saw those tears of pain
I began to run closer to you
So I could wipe the tears
To erase the hurt I put you through
To fight away those fears
But as I ran, you kept moving back
Kept moving further away
Maybe it is something I lack
That just won’t make you stay
But I had to fight, to make you smile
Even with the rain pouring down
And if it took all the while
I would wipe away that frown
But just then, I awoke
With a quiet, muffled scream
Never had I felt the choke
Of a horrid and painful dream
So I pick up the phone to make a call
To make the pain die out
And just your voice can calm my all
And drive my fear and doubt
So even if a dream can scar
It doesn’t make it true
For all the pain seems so far
When I’m lying next to you

Charlene Flanagan

No comments: